I have considerable skills and experience of teaching and developing people through managing my business and working as an associate senior lecturer. I have built up a solid reputation, network of contacts and business relationships. I completed my people development qualification for the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) early in my career and I am now a chartered fellow. Additionally, I have achieved a MA HRD and continue to refresh and keep current with learning opportunities to support my CPD.
Area of Expertise
- Management development
- Continuing professional development
- Training design & delivery
- Social media
Two professional achievements in the last 5 years
- Establishing and developing Leap Like A Salmon Limited
- Achieving the role of Regional Verifier covering International and Ireland and North Regions for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. (CIPD)
- Family time – Married with two teenage boys
- People and assisting with their development- personally and professionally.
View of continuing professional development (CPD)
Clearly to me it is a very important area not only to keep current within your own profession but to also take the time to reflect on your learning and future development requirements.
As someone who professionally does not have to demonstrate CPD, this is something that I have always had a commitment to and continue to look for richer learning and life long opportunities.